The San Diego Festival of Science & Engineering is excited to announce our latest initiative to engage students year round in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), the Summer STEM Challenge. SDFSE will share daily social media posts and weekly e-blasts to our e-mail database of educators, students, and parents with fun “do it yourself” STEM experiments and projects.
Students grades K-12 are encouraged to submit a summary of their DIY project with pictures or other relevant materials monthly for review throughout the summer. At the end of each summer month (June, July, and August) a winner will be chosen by the festival’s Management Team at each schooling level (Elementary, Middle, and High School). Monthly winners will be awarded fun “STEM Baskets”. Prizes will include science experiment kits, passes to local STEM attractions, tours of local science companies, and more!
The Summer STEM Challenge wants our future innovators to stay excited about learning throughout the summer and aims to provide activities that will not only excite their minds, but also provide a platform for collaborative teaching and learning by sharing these projects with friends and family.
Join Our Mailing List
To receive the Do It Yourself project weekly e-blast, please sign up for our mailing list. Teachers are encouraged to join and share with your students, and parents with your children.
Check Out Our Posts via Facebook
How It Works
- Download the Flyer & Application (above)
- Subscribe to our newsletter or follow our Facebook posts for cool Do It Yourself STEM projects. You are also welcome to research and find your own STEM projects.
- Submit your project summary with pictures to SummerSTEM@sdsciencefestival.com
- (Summaries should be no longer then 1-2 pages in length)
- Wait for us to announce monthly winners of awesome STEM Prizes! Winners will be contacted via information submitted on applications.
- Share with your friends and family!
E-mail questions to SummerSTEM@sdsciencefestival.com